Terms and Conditions (“Terms”)
Last updated: (19/01/2018)
Please read these Terms and Conditions ("Terms", "Terms and Conditions") carefully before using http://www.serisafe.com or www.serisafe.co.nz (the “Service”) operated by SeriSafe NZ Limited ("us", "we", or "our").
Your access to and use of the Service is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These Terms apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use the Service.
By accessing or using the Service you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with any part of the terms then you may not access the Service.
1. Signing up
Customers wishing to sign up to use the SeriSafe subscription service must complete the online sign-up form found at www.serisafe.com
Some parts of the Service are billed on a subscription basis ("Subscription(s)"). You will be billed in advance on a recurring basis.
Charging for SeriSafe is on a prepaid basis. Your first payment will be taken from your nominated credit or debit card on the day of your subscription in accordance with the plan you have signed up with, and on the same date every month following, or next business day in the event of a public holiday or other interruption. If your payment fails (e.g. due to credit card expiry, no available funds etc) we will attempt to take payment 14 days later. If this fails, then your account will be suspended for 30 days, giving you an opportunity to update your credit card, but without access to your SeriSafe database, before one final attempt will be made. Accounts may be suspended after 30 days non payment and access to database may not be possible. We will keep your items in our system for a period of 6 months after non payment however reporting of items will not be possible.
- 3.1 You may choose to prepay your SeriSafe subscription for up to 12 months in advance.
- 3.2 All charges are in NZD
- 3.3 international cardholders using their credit or debit card to make a payment may incur their own bank's international service fees. Cardholders will need to refer back to their bank for those fees.
- 3.4 For items sold during suspension period customer services need to be notified to remove serial number from database prior to sale.
- 3.5 During suspension period if you choose to delete your account, you will need to contact customer services.
- 3.6 In most cases, normal charges continue to apply during the suspension or restriction of any SeriSafe service. Any money paid is not refundable in the event that you decide to leave SeriSafe before the end of your billing month or subscription term.
Our Service allows you to securely store serial numbers and item information for the purpose of personal security and to identify ownership to item. You may store, flag stolen/lost items and
otherwise make available serial number information for the purposes ofif identifying ownership and check the status of item within our system.
- 4.1 You are required to ensure that all information is supplied is accurate and, up to date,
- 4.2 You agree that upon sale items will be transferred to another SeriSafe account or deleted from your SeriSafe account.
- 4.3 You understand that under “free search” no customer information is supplied, only status of item within our database, eg. “New item/not in system”, “Item flagged as lost or stolen”, “item saved within SeriSafe”.
- 4.4 You may choose to delete your account at any time.
- 4.5 You understand items either marked as. missing/stolen cannot be added to SeriSafe database without release from owner.
- 4.6 Blacklisted items cannot be added.
When making an account to store your items within SeriSafe you agree to only store serial numbers of items you personally and legally own. Any intentionally incorrect information stored within our database will lead to deletion of account.
- 5.1 You agree upon sale of item in SeriSafe database to either transfer item to buyers SeriSafe account or delete item from your inventory.
- 5.2 You agree to only list items stolen/missing when genuine loss has occurred and agree to ‘unflag’ item upon recovery.
- 5.3 You agree that any serial number checked using the serial number checker is for legal purposes only eg, for potential purchase of item etc.
- 5.4 You agree that failure to comply with these terms and conditions will lead to deletion of account, database information and ban of our subscription services.
- 5.5 You agree that repeat attempt to add items to SeriSafe database not owned by the individual, repeat declines for item transfer will result in deletion of account. You will be notified by email and/or phone prior to deletion.
- 5.6 You may be contacted by email and/or phone when an item transfer or deletion of item post sale has not been completed and as set out in clause 5.1
6. Information Security
The database of SeriSafe is fully SSL certified and encrypted for customer security. Our payment gateway is through our provider eWay who use the highest possible level of data security.
Information regarding security certificate can be found by clicking the padlock on the left side of the above address bar
7. Customer information
Customers that sign up to the SeriSafe service agree to supply to SeriSafe with a contact name, phone number and email address. Subscription to our services will necessitate the need for address however this and Items stored within the SeriSafe database are protected (we cannot see or access this information unless you agree to give us access to this information).
8. Links Tto Other Web Sites
Our Service may contain links to third-party web sites or services that are not owned or controlled by SeriSafe NZ Ltd. SeriSafe NZ Ltd. has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party web sites or services. You further acknowledge and agree that SeriSafe NZ Ltd. shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such web sites or services.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time. If a revision is material we will try to provide at least 30 days' notice prior to any new terms taking effect. What constitutes a material change will be determined at our sole discretion.
10. Contact Us
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us.
11. Copyright & Trademarks
All rights reserved. All content (texts, trademarks, illustrations, photos, graphics, files, designs, arrangements etc.) on this website of serisafe.com and serisafe.co.nz are protected by copyright and other protective laws. The contents of this website are to be used only in accordance with Internet regulations.
12. Internet regulations.
Without the explicit written permission of SeriSafe NZ Ltd it is prohibited to integrate in whole, or in part, any of the protected contents published on these websites into other programs or other web sites or to use them by any other means. This website can contain elements that are protected by copyright and by other laws that are subject to the copyright or other rights of third parties and that are correspondingly protected for these third parties.
SeriSafe NZ Ltd. has carefully compiled the contents of this website in accordance with their current state of knowledge. Access to and use of this website, as well as web sites related or connected to this by links, are at the user's own risk and responsibility. Damage and warranty claims arising from missing or incorrect data are excluded. SeriSafe NZ Ltd. bears no responsibility or liability for damage of any kind, also for indirect or consequential damages resulting from access to or use of this website or websites related or connected to this by links.
14. Termination of account disclosure
Data stored for customer for 30 days after non- payment. After 30 days no flagging of items or reports are not possible. We may hold database information for up to 12 months after non -payment
as a gesture of goodwill to clients.
15. Disclosure of information
We may disclose information about you or your use of our websites and/or services without your prior permission if we have, acting reasonably, a good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- 15.1 Conform to legal requirements (including, but not limited to, requirements in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or government request) or comply with legal process, or to help maintain the law.
- 15.2 Protect our rights or property or those of our related companies.
- 15.3 Enforce our Customer Terms.
- 15.4 Act to protect the interests of our, or our related companies, customers or others.
16. Withholding, suspending, restricting or deletion of SeriSafe database services
We may withhold, suspend or restrict your use of any or all of the SeriSafe services or delete your account without warning if: you or anyone who uses them in any way that does not comply with
these Customer Terms or any other terms and conditions relating to SeriSafe services, or puts our SeriSafe services at risk; you harass, abuse or threaten our staff.
- 16.1 We may also need to suspend your use of SeriSafe services without warning if our services and systems require urgent maintenance, upgrading, or protection, to improve functionality and
attributes of SeriSafe services, or where it is reasonably necessary for us to do so.
- 16.2 Please note that SeriSafe accounts that are expired, terminated, suspended or blocked will not be entitled to any credit remaining on the account.
- 16.3 In most cases, normal charges continue to apply during the suspension or restriction of any SeriSafe service.
- 16.4 You acknowledge that we reserve the right to suspend, sign out, terminate, or delete your SeriSafe database accounts (including sub accounts)
- 16.5 We may suspend your account for non -payment as per clause 3.